DoYouTravel

Jack Morris

Tahiti

June 19, 2017

Tahiti – Moorea – Bora Bora

Last month Lauren and I spent a week around the islands of Tahiti with our friends Ellie and Alex. We flew into Tahiti island from Bali via Aukland with Air Tahiti Nui. Upon arrival we got straight onto a boat and headed over to Moorea.

Most people associate Tahiti with honeymooners and luxury 5 star hotels only affordable to the rich, which is definitely the case in some parts, but theres a lot of Tahiti thats affordable for everyone and great for travelling with friends. I crafted up an itinerary with Tahiti tourism to split our trip into 2 sections to get a taste of both the luxury and affordable side.

When we arrived on Moorea we rented a car by the pier and drove to a huge 4 bedroom house rental on the coast which was perfect for groups. A beautiful pastel painted home surrounded by shallow crystal clear lagoon like waters. We were here for 2 nights and spent most of our time cruising around in a boat searching for sharks and sting rays.

Finding sharks and sting rays wasn’t a challenge, in fact they were pretty much everywhere! I had never swam this close with sharks or sting rays before, so it was an extra special experience for me. The sting rays would literally swim up my back, a weird but incredible feeling. Unfortunately the weather was quite cloudy during our time there but since the water is so crystal clear visibility wasn’t affected.

After a few hours in shallow water we went out deeper to swim with a larger pack of bigger sharks.

The days went by so fast and we were pretty sad to be leaving the beautiful island of Moorea, but at the same time super excited to check out the famous islands of Bora Bora. Our first stop was the Four Seasons – it was like a dream, one of those places I used to look at on the internet but never thought I’d have the chance to actually go to. Imagine the Maldives surrounded by Hawaiian landscape, thats pretty much the only was to compare it! We stayed in an overwater bungalow – it wasn’t uncommon the see marine life swimming by from our deck.

After 2 nights in the Four Seasons we checked into our next hotel, the St Regis Bora Bora. Although this hotel was just minutes from the Four Seasons, it was very much different. This hotel had natural surrounding lagoons, home to heaps of colourful big fish.

Again, we stayed in another dreamy over water bungalow.

On our 2nd day we took a boat out to see the surrounding parts of Bora Bora. Much like Moorea, there were sharks and sting rays everywhere! We even got lucky and swam with some Manta rays for around half a hour.

On our way back to the hotel we stopped by a secluded island – nothing but palms and blue waters.

A lot of you often ask me for tips on saving money whilst travelling or how to find good deals etc. Everyone has different circumstances and budgets and different things work for different people. With that said I wanted to introduce an app to you guys called Dosh. It’s a really cool and easy to use app that basically finds you cash back automatically by scanning millions of cash back offers from more than 100,000 merchants — like Forever 21, Applebee’s, Marriott, Hyatt and more. I’ve been working with Dosh for a little while now and found using it real secure – they use bank-level, encrypted security and don’t collect or store any personal data. Dosh has given me some amazing deals in travel, plus heaps of cash back offers on hotels, food, and car rental companies which is ideal when travelling! Plus, you get $5 for referring every friend who signs up which is always a bonus! You can download dosh by clicking here

Tahiti was a dream and I’d recommend to anyone – if you have any questions feel free to drop a comment below and I’ll get back to you asap!

Follow my journey via email!

46 Comments

46 responses to “Tahiti”

1. Brandt Misik says:

Also what drone do you guys have?

2. Brandt Misik says:

These photos are incredible! I’ve always wanted to go there.

One question, do you guys use a polarizer on your lenses? .. because I’m always amazed at the separation between the clouds and the blue sky and no glare on the water!

Keep up the incredible photos and thank you for inspiring me to travel and make the most of life!

3. Zelia Skinner says:

and one more thing! If you haven’t heard of it – check out Geocach! I’ve done it for a couple of years with my dad. People around the globe hide small ‘treasures’ everywhere. litterally EVERYWHERE, even the places you’d never imagine. There are even treasures under the sea. I think you might like it, and it makes every holiday extra fun. Go to Geocaching.com and find out more if you’re interested. I’m not advertising or anything, just thought that it might be something for you! 😀

4. Zelia Skinner says:

Tourguide**

5. Zelia Skinner says:

Hi Jack! was wondering, did you have a tour with you on the boat and when you swam with the sharks or is that not necessary? and how did you know they would not harm you? 🙂 aaand one more question- how much was the bungalows? i’ve been looking at many different overwater bungalows, some cheap and some VERY expensive, do you have recommendation? and thank you for your great account! it has really inspired me! 😀

6. Wow! Tahiti looks absolutely unreal! Love the perspectives of your shots!

7. Chrissie says:

Incredible photos and blog post Jack! Had never considered a trip to Tahiti, but now it’s on the list.

Chrissie | aswetravl.com

8. Taha Khan says:

Absolutely stunning view and pictures!

9. MK says:

Hey this is dope. I’m amazed by all the genuinely beautiful places and cultures you guys have been able to interact with. This blog is super inspiring for a young dreamer like me. Thank you for sharing your insane photos that actually capture the beauty of the place you are traveling in. Also, I’m really interested in photography but I just pick up things as I go. It’s cool to see someone do the same thing and be so successful with it.

Thanks for living your dream and sharing it with the world. So much respect for you guys.

10. nway says:

Thanks. You guys are such inspiration.

11. nway says:

Thanks. You guys always inspire me to travel.

12. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to make a great article but what can I say I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.

13. Laura says:

Hi Jack,

beautiful pictures! I love your work!!
    Are the ones underwater taken with a GoPro?

All best from rainy Berlin
    Laura

14. Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then you can write or else it is complicated to write.

15. Robert says:

This was so inspiring! I am traveling to Rome in a few days and I know that you have been there so I was wondering if you have any thing you reccomend dong while being there. Thank you.

16. Thank you for another informative blog. The place else could I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect method? I’ve a project that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

17. What’s up colleagues, how is all, and what you desire to say about this piece of writing, in my view its actually remarkable in favor of me.

18. Sina says:

like always great and amazing post, hope to see you guys in Tehran

we are very pleased to invite and Welcome you both to beautiful IRAN

19. Thank you for some other magnificent article. Where else may just anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such information.