DoYouTravel

Jack Morris

Tahiti

June 19, 2017

Tahiti – Moorea – Bora Bora

Last month Lauren and I spent a week around the islands of Tahiti with our friends Ellie and Alex. We flew into Tahiti island from Bali via Aukland with Air Tahiti Nui. Upon arrival we got straight onto a boat and headed over to Moorea.

Most people associate Tahiti with honeymooners and luxury 5 star hotels only affordable to the rich, which is definitely the case in some parts, but theres a lot of Tahiti thats affordable for everyone and great for travelling with friends. I crafted up an itinerary with Tahiti tourism to split our trip into 2 sections to get a taste of both the luxury and affordable side.

When we arrived on Moorea we rented a car by the pier and drove to a huge 4 bedroom house rental on the coast which was perfect for groups. A beautiful pastel painted home surrounded by shallow crystal clear lagoon like waters. We were here for 2 nights and spent most of our time cruising around in a boat searching for sharks and sting rays.

Finding sharks and sting rays wasn’t a challenge, in fact they were pretty much everywhere! I had never swam this close with sharks or sting rays before, so it was an extra special experience for me. The sting rays would literally swim up my back, a weird but incredible feeling. Unfortunately the weather was quite cloudy during our time there but since the water is so crystal clear visibility wasn’t affected.

After a few hours in shallow water we went out deeper to swim with a larger pack of bigger sharks.

The days went by so fast and we were pretty sad to be leaving the beautiful island of Moorea, but at the same time super excited to check out the famous islands of Bora Bora. Our first stop was the Four Seasons – it was like a dream, one of those places I used to look at on the internet but never thought I’d have the chance to actually go to. Imagine the Maldives surrounded by Hawaiian landscape, thats pretty much the only was to compare it! We stayed in an overwater bungalow – it wasn’t uncommon the see marine life swimming by from our deck.

After 2 nights in the Four Seasons we checked into our next hotel, the St Regis Bora Bora. Although this hotel was just minutes from the Four Seasons, it was very much different. This hotel had natural surrounding lagoons, home to heaps of colourful big fish.

Again, we stayed in another dreamy over water bungalow.

On our 2nd day we took a boat out to see the surrounding parts of Bora Bora. Much like Moorea, there were sharks and sting rays everywhere! We even got lucky and swam with some Manta rays for around half a hour.

On our way back to the hotel we stopped by a secluded island – nothing but palms and blue waters.

A lot of you often ask me for tips on saving money whilst travelling or how to find good deals etc. Everyone has different circumstances and budgets and different things work for different people. With that said I wanted to introduce an app to you guys called Dosh. It’s a really cool and easy to use app that basically finds you cash back automatically by scanning millions of cash back offers from more than 100,000 merchants — like Forever 21, Applebee’s, Marriott, Hyatt and more. I’ve been working with Dosh for a little while now and found using it real secure – they use bank-level, encrypted security and don’t collect or store any personal data. Dosh has given me some amazing deals in travel, plus heaps of cash back offers on hotels, food, and car rental companies which is ideal when travelling! Plus, you get $5 for referring every friend who signs up which is always a bonus! You can download dosh by clicking here

Tahiti was a dream and I’d recommend to anyone – if you have any questions feel free to drop a comment below and I’ll get back to you asap!

Follow my journey via email!

46 Comments

46 responses to “Tahiti”

1. Larry says:

Swimming with sharks and sting rails wasnt dangerous at all?

2. Brandon says:

Looks incredible. I’ve been so inspired by your journey for some time now & starting in August, Im taking the leap of faith and starting traveling 😀 ….in Bali! Maybe see you two out there one day….

3. Hello there, I discovered your site via Google even as searching for a similar topic, your site came up, it appears good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

4. ainhoa says:

love your work, your photos are crazy and simply amazing. I was planning to have a sabatic year in a tropical place, would you recomend Bali?
    thanks

5. Anonymous says:

What’s up,I read your blogs named “Tahiti – Jack Morris” daily.Your writing style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about .

6. Hello there, I discovered your website by way of Google whilst looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

7. Madeline says:

Bora Bora is my dream place to visit and we are going next year. So good to read about the tips and where to go. Beautiful work as always!

8. My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here
    at web, except I know I am getting knowledge daily by reading thes good posts.

9. You are awesome. Keep it up.

10. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

11. Sara says:

Your work is amazing and so inspiring. I love you so much and I hope one day I will be able to meet you and travel the world like you!

12. Great info and, once again, amazing pictures mate! ??

13. The place is very amazing and the pictures are incredible!

14. Fernanda says:

How do you choose your destinantions? And were you invited by Tahiti Tourisme or decided to visit Tahiti by yourself?

15. Sabah says:

Love your pictures! I’m trying to grow as a photographer and writer. If you have the time, check out my blog!

16. Sara + Pat says:

Sounds like a dream! Where would you say is the cheapest place to fly onto Tahiti from? Also, is camping possible there?

17. Lina says:

Wow, your life is an actual dream. Your pictures are always beyond beautiful. Do you only go on sponsored trips these days or do you also go privately from time to time?

18. Emms says:

Im absolutley in love with this post! I really want to go backpacking in the french polynesia ? How long would you recommend staying there? And i really love the colorgrading you have gotten lately!?ä Are you going to sell any presets? And if so when? ? Thanks for being an inspiration! /swedish follower

19. Kobi says:

Hey Jack, I just turned 19 and will be studying abroad in chiang mai next semester. I would probably cut off my right hand for the lightroom preset you used to edit the photo on the cover of this “Tahiti” blog post — it is just so beautiful, and when i’m in thailand I want my photos to have those gentle colors. Is there any chance you will release your lightroom presets? I promise I will only use them to learn and not to copy your style haha 😉 Either way, you’re and inspiration. Thanks!

20. Pauline says:

I’ve waited of a new post from you for so long! And now its finally up 🙂
    I love seeing your amazing photography work and its great to see even more pictures, that didn’t always make it to yours or Laurens Instagram 🙂
    Tahiti looks so incredibly amazing! I really want to go there one day 🙂 There are so many beautiful places on earth and I love to follow you along your travel jouney until I can travel myself (have one year of school to go through 😀 )

Love from Germany
    Xx Paulie <3

P.S. Love to see you scrolling through Europe! There are definitely some places here that I've seen before you will 😀